Friday, August 29, 2008

Shall Always remember thou

It was late evening , I was sitting near the building with my friend when she came running toward me,she was tiny and soft....she came and started playing with the cricket ball which was kept near me..

It was love at first site....this was the day when Jimmy came into my life...She was a puppy dog...or rather Bitch.

I guess it had strayed away from its mother,but she dint mind that fact she was more interested in playing with the ball for a while...We also started playing with her for sometime..but later we left and jimmy was left all alone....
The next day when I came out i saw her sleeping near the entrance of out floor...the floor was cold so she was sleeping on the doormat which my neighbor had put outside...
When she got up she was shivering so i fed her some milk and biscuit...no sooner her tummy was full off she went out in the open...
As time passed she not only came close to me but also rest of the family members and also some neighbors..
Months down the line she was treated as one of the family members...Soon at my place her share of food was given to her on daily basis...Still remember when ever we use to have non veg she use to understand that and she would come near the door and bark...[as if she was demanding her share in that too]

As most other dogs are, she also had a sweet tooth...She use to relish the gulab jamus,the ice creams and the jalebis..

years down the line she grew up to be a very health dog...[y not she had best of the food and unlimited milk supply :-D ]..She also loved everyone around her...she use to come and jump on us and lick us...also she would make the sad face when we would give her nething...

Whenever I would move out of the house to college or work she would come running with me till the entrance of the building...wait till i go out then again come back inside the building...she would also make sure non unidentified people are let inside the building.

Though she was just a animal,I could really see the amount of Love she had for us....Once some idiots from the building took her and left her in some far away place.....and when we came to know about this it really drove me furious...the whole building came together and took them for a task....For some days the whole building was actually in a state of sadness as the most beloved dog from the building had gone missing....Few days later when we went to the place where she was dropped....she saw us and she came running towards us and hugged us....[her eyes could not stop thanking for searching her and takin her back to the place where she grew].

The love for each other just grew as time passed..But i guess the happiness wasn't accepted by god...soon the building got demolished and the chawl were converted into flats...no more place for the dog to hang around..no one to care for her...
Lucky we shifted in the building just opposite to the old one...though we were there on the 4th floor...she would always come on that floor eat and sleep there...whole day she would hang around near the building and late at nite she would come above and sleep on the door mat...
There was one incident where jimmy met with a small accident she had a swollen foot..poor thing had to under go many injections...but she dint say a word and took the shots...as she knew it was for her own gud...I remember giving her something sweet to eat after every injection...

Days passed and jimmy started growing old......and one fine day when i was at work I got a call"jimmy is dead" for one sec I was dumb struck..but later came to know that she had met with a accident..a rickshaw hit her and she came inside the building minutes later she was lying dead...

As i was at work before could not go when she was cremated....

Even though she is no more with us..her memories still brings a smile on my face...

20 comments:

Wormy said...

waste,
u reminded me of a puppy I wanted to adopt, when I was in grade nine.
It was the weakest of all in the litter, and also very beautiful. I fed it regularly for around two weeks after which some stupid ass drove all the puppies away from our area!
Nice post re, keep writing
Hope you get your Jimmy-II :)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

The more I meet people, the more I love my Dog!

Very touching post Rakesh. Nothing that can substitute the unconditional love and loyalty of a pet!

Parul Gupta said...

hey rakesh...ur posts shows u r a very compassionate person...wow thats a great trait to have...be the way u r...

god bless ya
parul

Devika Jyothi said...

The compassionate you, admirable
:-)
and Nice read!

peter said...

well !
thts why the Darwin gave a theory called "struggle for existence"
most common in dogs ...!
seems u loved the bitch LOL :)

Rakesh said...

Hey rakesh:

True buddy unconditional love is hard to get

@ parul,Devika :thanks a lot

@ Peter: yes ya I did love her a lot

Anonymous said...

Awwww

Though i neva had a pet but i can imagine how u must have felt.pets ate sometimes more loving than humans..the loss is equally diffi to bear.

Thnx for droppin by my place.I liked ur 'about me' section particularly.

Rakesh said...

hey MEZ: thanks ya for droppin

Anonymous said...

Most wlcm :)

Rakesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anwesa said...

love knows no boundaries-exemplified by ur experience..

Anonymous said...

Sad...they always have sad endings...also because their life span is so short and they grow close to us...
I'm glad you gave her this tribute on your blog.

Sach1 said...

Its so sad to loose someone you have been spending all your day with...someone who's more than a friend...
Btw...I changed my url:

http://sachi-stayingalive.blogspot.com/

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

That was a sweet post. Thats one nice tribute to the dog.

Sometimes I need to remind myself that animals have as much rights to our lands like we humans do . Kind of hard to remember since the street dogs here dont let me sleep , bark all the time, eat up my sandals if i leave them outside, frighten me & drive me crazy. ..Anyways this post did remind me that they own earth as much as we do, maybe more since they dont pollute it....Lovely post

Think Tank said...

wooow...i wish i could live wid dogs instead of people ..dey r so much more nicer

anu!~ said...

aww.
i rememered the innumerable nights ive spent crying coz my turtle died when i was in the 20th grade.when my sparrow died when i was 6.
these are the things that make your life special.
a different kind of companionship:)
your lucky,you got it!
PS:i love ur writing style,its really clear cut.reminds me of chetan bhagat.
anu!:)

Swathy said...

avi,
I have a vague feeling I ve met your jimmy while I visited you.hmmmm..
On 2 d thoughts yes I have ..wasent she the one who came walking with us, when we went to arvin s tutions one evening..
:)
Anyway, Loved the way you ve written about this..

Rakesh said...

hey Anwesa,ayushi,sach,Fantasies of a Lifetime,Think Tank: thanks all for appreciating the post

@ Anu: wow thats a bog compliment thanks a lot..

@ swats: yes its that dog only..wasnt she just cute

anu!~ said...

:):):)

Nidz said...

Awww tht was so touching.. I lost my old dog. He got lost.. we all still miss him, esp during mango season as he used to love mango.
Now i have a lab bitch
check it out
http://nidhimangal.blogspot.com/2008/08/buddy-and-her-best-friend.html