Friday, August 8, 2008

How to save a life

Grey's Anatomy that's the serial where I heard this song "How to save a life.." its the theme song for this serial.

Was just surfing through the channels when i came across the advertisement of this serial on star world...had seen the theme song before too ...but yesterday i could see which the album it was from...and immediately got a pen and jotted it down..

Though i had heard this song 3- 4 times could not really hear the full song as just a part of the song was used for the show..or at least i always saw a part of the song used :-P
Nevertheless I could instantly feel the pain in the song...And when i saw the lyrics it truly spelt out the pain...

I feel the song is about supporting someone through their problems rather than just telling them to quit.
But again this song like many others is completely open to interpretation.As Everyone can find their own meanings to songs.

It can be also interpreted as
A person giving a second chance to his friend thinking that at least now he/she will accept that something is wrong and they need to talk.

Do read the lyrics of this song and lemme know how your related yourself this song to.

What ever be the meaning I just fell in love with this song..and iam sure you will too

PS : if you missed the link above you can visit here to see the lyrics

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the recommendation!

After hearing the song, I felt the music had a "Life moves on" attitude. But yes, there was pain in the composition.

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

love that song too :)

Rakesh said...

@alok
welcome buddy

Trinaa said...

the song n the show both r nice :)

AG said...

ohhhh yess
one of my fav. songss
completely addicted to it

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

They who have a friend like that, will connect to this song very emotionally...
You were right when u said, this song has an individual meaning to each one...to me: it reminds me of this:"yet each man kills the thing he loves" (oscar wilde)---the effect of presentation:reason,not bitterness,must be the cure.
While it also tells me to understand my friends' behaviour and to let time change them if my words have not...and if it hurts me , well, then they'd better not be my friends at all...
And yet we feel helpless at having lost some of which we enjoyed in the pursuit of wrong and right, but this pursuit is necessary, it will save humanity...thats faith :)

Rakesh said...

@ Trinna
Thanks for visiting my blog :-)

@Aditi
yes me too additicted to this song now...got it as my ring tone.

@ayushi

Well said girl...

Swathi Bellavi said...

Hey i love this song too...My brother got me addicted to it...

He tells me the writer wrote it when he was in a camp helping a 17 year old with his problems...

heres the rest of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Save_a_Life_(song)

Rakesh said...

@swati

yes i read about it....through the link

Nidz said...

This song is very close to my heart since my fren shally sang it to me. She think tht its made for her. She lost her dear friend who suicide aand spoke to her b4 the day, she thinks may b if she wud have spoken for lil long she wud have knwn whts in his mind. he mite have given a hint to her and her mite have saved it from dying..
After she told me the story i heard the whole song. Did make sense like her story :( the line.. where did i go a wrong i lost a fren.. how cud i have stayed up with u all nite n then i know how to save a life!! (pls remove the word verfication. i assure it wont go any harm :) )