Thursday, August 21, 2008

..and we think only we Struggle

It was late at Night some where around 12:30...I was coming home from work in the car...We just stopped near one signal and I saw a small boy standing near the lamp post...with a big bag in his hand.....I wondered as to wat would this boy be doing here so late...
My curiosity pushed me and and i called that boy asked him what he was doing so late here.
The boy replied saying he was waiting for a bus...When I inquired bout where he wanted to go,i realized that this place falls on the way to my house...So i asked this boy to hop in the car telling him that I would drop him to his house..

Boy though twice but later got in....On the way I had a casual chat with him..I asked him what he was doing there so late ,i came to know that he comes there daily to sell toy on the signal....he quickly popped one out and showed me the toy...i was amused that he knew all the details regarding toy its cost ,the margin of money they make on each toy...

The innocence on his face really made my heart melt...and i removed some money from my pocket and offered him that...My respect toward him grew when he declined the money i gave him....
But later i forced him and he took it...

One the way I also learned that he had 2 more siblings and they had only their mother to take care care of them...
By this time we had reached his house...the boy got down he had a smile on his face and he said *thank you*

It brought a big smile on my face when i heard that

When I reached home the thought of that boy was still in my mind..thats when I realized that life is fun ride..just when you feel that you know everything bout it..a new chapter opens and you get to learn new things...

I really prayed hard that nite for that boy and his family..dont know if god would have heard it...

The next morning i asked my self are we really the only onces who have to struggle nahhhhhh was the answer i got :-)

25 comments:

Wormy said...

Struggle is a part of everyone's life. Some complain, some don't. But without struggle, there would be no life.

Felt good you drove the kid back home. God Bless!

Swathy said...

how true!!
cudos to you to see and realise we are not the only ones struggling out there..in fact, we are the few lucky ones, aretn we..
though, I could not decide.. who was more heart touching, the lil boy with so much responsibilite, morals,prinicipals or you whose heart reached out to him? u just defined what s life..in the simplest way possible!

man in painting said...

we , half billion indian adults..phew..
nothing more dude...
feel admiration to you..
it is important to keep that goodness burning like that..
loved the way you narrated it..
cheers!
MIP

Sach1 said...

As my mom aptly says, if you think that God doesn't love you look at the dark side of life and you'll find thousand of examples to tell you that He does.
So is the case with struggles/difficulties :-)
Btw..nice blog...

Rakesh said...

@ shwetzz ,swathy,man in painting and sach : thank you

Kitty Kohli said...

struggle has always been a part of everyones life i guess...we crib for little things in life not realising that they are millions who still are struggling and have no regrets in life...like the boy u mentioned...from ur blog i could make out that the boy was really a responsible boy and did his job enthusiastically...Really happy that u drooped him home...cheers!!!

Unknown said...

I've always believed:

Struggle is Life, Life is Struggle. Because it's survival of the fittest, and you get fit only if you struggle.

You did a good turn, man.

Anwesa said...

well,ur post reminds me of Gandhiji's talisman printed in all NCERT textbooks(till 2004-5).The msg was the same as the essence of ur post.

Devika Jyothi said...

The compassion in you is admirable; and narration so straight and simple.
Keep up the good work.

To see how our lives are blessed, you may like this poem by some anonymous, which I have posted here...under 'Richly Blessed'

http://devika-theessentialme.blogspot.com/

Good blog Rakesh...its nice to connect with like-minded.
see you again :)

Rakesh said...

@ kitty,alok,anwesa,Devika: Glad that you guys liked the post

peter said...

GUD JOB !!
I myself wud nt have done tht perhaps ..nt becoz i am selfish but cz I dun pay attention on these small thngs but obvsly i feel great when sm1 does it infrnt f me ..i take a lesson frm evryone like u

Think Tank said...

yup as i said we are way 2 full of ourself

Nikkita mathur said...

hey rakesh..
u have a nice blog here..and the latest post is such efficiently narrated..
u've mentioned.."dont know if god would have heard it"..wat i believe is tat weneva u wish to talk to god he always taks to u...
keep posting..
cheerz!!
luv:nickku

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Our struggles are often hugely minimal in the face of those that others go thru! No matter what we go thru, theres someone worse off!
Good post! Appreciate ur sincere gesture of driving the kid back home!

Rakesh said...

hey peter,nikita,think tank and rakesh...thanks a lot :-)

Anonymous said...

*sighs*...thats life..., i do feel that nature was not fair to all, but then, i also realise that this world could function best this way only
u did a good thing :)...small drops would make the ocean...

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Thoughts Unleashed!!!!’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Devika Jyothi said...

Came to see how the blog roll looked..I couldn't find mine though..anyways,

I have a new one at
http://devika-jyothi.blogspot.com/

Nidz said...

M sure God will hear ur prayer. DOnt wrry. GOd does god

for every one. Wht happens bad is our karma of last

birth, we suffer may b cuz me made sufferr someone

somewhr.
ANy way m glad u have the kid a ride. Helping others

always makes us happy. Isnt it??

Rakesh said...

@ Ayushi

indeed small drops would make the ocean...:-)

@ Ray

Thanks for the appreciation.Would like to know mre bout the website...let me know your id where we can interact about it.

@ Nidhi

you are rite he does listen to us when we call for

Parul Gupta said...

u r so right...wen we look at people who r less privileged than u only then u realize how better off r u than them....

Mez said...

How nice to u to have done that. god bless souls like u!!

Rakesh said...

@ parul and MEZ: thanks a lot

Mez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rakesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.