Friday, October 31, 2008

Every problem has its own solution


Driving in Mumbai traffic is definitely not a cake walk...the amount of car and time spent in traffic  many time pushes us to break signals drive fast and get going...

It was my 6 month of driving after i got my licence. Was driving through my college  and was in a hurry so thought of skipping a signal...as i dint see any traffic police.To my dismay no sooner i crossed the signal i saw a traffic cop standing rite in front of me..WTF where did he came suddenly from was my instant reaction.Sometimes At 24  true heroism has not less to do with actual logic and more to do with pure stupidity.and this was a typical case of stupidity

NE ways now that i had to stop...my mind started thinking of all reasons that i could give him just to escape from a ticket.So once i stopped the car i acted as if i dint know that there was a signal.I tried to tell him that I had an exam to attend and i was running late[well typical reason from a college going guy rite people]
Ne ways the funny thing was all that time that cop was patiently listing to my reason...and just when i though he has bought that reason and would let me go for no charges..there i was with a ticket in my hand... As there was nothing to do next i simple took the ticket and went home..

From that till now i learnt the knack of dealing these cops.[no reasons for guessing what is it].Ne ways the reason I remembered this particular thing was just day before yday I was going to marine drive with my friends at nite...when My friend decided to park  the car in a "NO parking zone" so that we could pick something to eat.

Now its really a dumb thing to park there but just to make it sound more dumb on our part we had even seen traffic cops standing just some 10 feet away from that zone...and still god knows what made us park the car der...
So me and my friend got down to get some food and 2 of the girls where sitting in the car...just minutes later when we turned back to see that cop talking to the one of my friend[she was the one driving the car].

I knew she needed help and a help of a pure genius that was ME.So i walked toward the cop and i could hear him asking for the licence and the conversation revolved around some fine that he was asking her to pay.I could make out that this fellow was maharashtrian..So i knew i had to make an impact and that too a good one...and what better way to do that speaking him to him in his Marathi.
I started talkin to him and trying to sell him with the best reason i could comeup with..but i guess i was fighting a loosing battle...
Still i dint give up and when it all ended i knew i was gonna win....But it is that few lines of his that really touched me.He said that everyone is nojying diwali but we have to slog here leaving out family skipping our meal and no one seems to care for the..trust me it was around 1 am and that cop was still on the road doing his duty...

That made me realise Every problem has its own solution, and this problem was supposed to be dealt in a better way than what i was planning..
So i helped him in a way which he appreciated the most..and wished him happy diwali and left and yes i did get my friends licence back
.


10 comments:

Wormy said...

awww... that statement said by the cop was really touching.
well, all have their set of problems, that's life, enjoy the problems too! no better way to cope up with life. what say?!

Think Tank said...

smart ..yeah i know d cops hav dere probs too ..but they r one hell of a problem demselves ...they r disteurbing law n order more often dan keepin it ..u shud c d no of cops drivin on d wrong side in my city

peter said...

well said ..and yeah somtimes wen i see those guards in the far off highways i really feel for them ..it's sucha tough job becoz there are hardly any people in the circumference of 10 KMS on those places and u can possibly die by simply getting bored ...but still they work ...!!

Sach1 said...

totally agree!
N the cop troubles...well almost evry student who has to go tutions after high school knows 'em :-)

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

aww :( , poor Mr.Cop . . .I hope they paid him extra for working on diwali. . .

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Phew! dealing with cops..... I'd rather not..... considering the breed that they are!

Good post Rakesh

Cheers

Rakesh

Unknown said...

:)

Nice post!

Rakesh said...

@ shwetzz: yes he was an old cop re..poor chap

@ think tank: i guess u are talkin based on few exp u had or u have heard but my personal exp all cops arent that way

@ peter: thanks buddy

@ sachi: yes some how have seen many students face the trouble from cops :

@ Fantasies of a Lifetime : well i dont think so other wsie he would have been at home njoying


@ rakesh and alok: thanks buddy

Nidz said...

Rakesh -- i had this kinda exp too. I thot there was no traffic polish... i think they hide to catch u range haato.. hehe
and i think student face this pron mostly cuz they are the rule breakers!!!

Rakesh said...

@ nidhi : ya i had seen a pic on some news paper where the cop was hiding just to catch some one break the signal hehehe