Saturday, August 29, 2009

I wasnt a kid when I was a kid

Some times back I had gone on a trip woth some of my friends and there we talkin about all the fun things that we did during our child hood...

Everybody started telling their share of karnameins....and it was fun...end of the topic we actually concluded that indeed our childhood was normal......as most of the things we spoke was done by all of us at one time or other..

Here are few things that I did during my child hoods days that even other friends of mine agreed to have done most of the things...

  • Catching fishes from the gutter [this always topped the charts]..putting them in a jar and then feeding them earthworms was one of the the most fun thing..
  • Catching Dragon fly tieing a thread to its tail and letting it fly...
  • We use to take a wooden log and tie a rope to it and dang it inside water as a boat which use to collect during rainy reasons.
  • Once my friends wanted to eat something sweet...so I went home and got a whole sugar ka dabba and distributed to all.
  • We use to go to the local vada pav wala during peak hours take a plate of samosa or vada pav come out of the crowd eat and then gupchup leave with out paying.
  • Catching chameleon and making it inhale burning tobacco...havent u done that..man u need to try this...the chameleon get high and starts dancing...


Ps: Title coined by Shwetzz

20 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

haha!

You are a Piscean right??
No wonder....

except the last I've done it all...and the second last used to be Mutton Puffs in my case..and non-payment was often absent-mindedness, which i still do!

Interesting read...and nice to see shades of me here, Rakesh :)

wishes,
devika

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Wow! Rakesh....... this is so similar to what I did in my childhood! Wonder, why ever we grew up in the first place!

Very nostalgic!

lena said...

childhood memories are the sweetest, arent they? :)

Reading such posts makes me go all nostalgic..

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

u got the chameleon get a high !! That is the first I have heard off. . .Being a kid rocks , growing up is no fun :(

Rakesh said...

@ shwetzz: well has to write ur namw or else u would kill me na :-P

Rakesh said...

@ Devika: yes iam a piciean :-) koi shak :-P

thanks for appreciating the post

Rakesh said...

@ rakesh: ROFL ROFL i guys will be guys wont they ...i too felt nostalgic while writing this post

Rakesh said...

@ Lena: welcome back here .Indeed childhood memories are very speacial and sweet

Rakesh said...

@ Fantasies of a Lifetime: hahah u got try that girl..its just awesome...

Anonymous said...

I'm still much of a child, in that case :)
I still do things which catch my fancy... some things which caught mine were:
1)chk-chking like lizards(trying to talk to them). Ghekos of all kinds freak me out somehow.
2)Again, trying to talk in meows to cats(yep, some even replied!)
3)Watching the behaviour of insects in situations I used to create for them(esp. ants etc).

Btw, this doesnt mean I liked animals, they just held my fancy because they were creatures...like...lesser than me and I wanted to know about how they saw things/emotions.

making paper boats in the rainy season, i even danced in the rain twice without clothes :D
but i like autumn though...not rains...writing on a foggy glass(car)

hmm... well, i still do such strange things...i dont find it strange or laughable though...its just my will to understand or see how things work and why so...

Rakesh said...

@ ayu : u are still a kiddo re so i dint get shocked at what all u did and still do

Rakesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rakesh said...

@ mia: Good morning girl..how come online so late?

ne ways me a BRAT no re do u really think i9 can be a brat :-)

Swathy said...

No wonder why I was so paranoid about "that prankster cousin" from Bombay who used to get quoted at every single drop of a hat whenever I even tried to do something naught and got caught! :P
:P
LOL!!
kidding!But your karname used to be popular amongst the 3 sisters and thier families for sure!!

summer. said...

LOL!!

:P

I did dat dragon fly wala thing! ;)

n gupchup! :)

chameleon n tobacco.. Chameleon gets high ???
woah!.. lol! dint knw dat!

arr I wish to try,but m scared to catch one..

n bout sketches ill upload it after 2 dayz... yayee ma xamz r gonaa get ovr! :)

nice post!
I get nostalgic bout ma childhood days. The actual state of being happy!

Rakesh said...

@ those Kohl filled eyes: LOL will tell u the dragon wala thing come on gmail..

and try that chameleon things its fun

Rakesh said...

@ sawthy: haha u bet sis..i was the popular one when it came to such things

summer. said...

oh sure. g mail ? where ?

err ? I mean ID.

Rakesh said...

@ those Kohl filled eyes : ids there on my profile on blog

Rugma said...

haha.... rakesh....
Dats a cute childhood....mine was at dubai so it wasnt dat gr8!!! u know, dry sand n 4 walls kinda life!!!:P
My bro's at kerala used to talk alot abt wat dey did!!!ol funny stuffs....:)
tc,...
Rugma....