Friday, December 12, 2008

A day of reasons...

We human being are really funny, our mind plays a very imp role in the way we behave..today a similar thing happened i dint want to do something and some how i could collect loads of reasons to support my decision.

Sitting for "Labour Welfare" lecture is boring in the first place,and it becomes a daunting task specially when you have 2 back to back lectures ,that to from a Prof who is  3 times your age.

Now its true I wont mind having lec from a prof who is cute and funny  and yes the main criteria prof should be of a opposite gender :-P...ya ya i know  that it is every guys WISH,but who would blame us.. for me it was the finance and the HRP lec which was the best.

There was one clear reason for attending that lectures..well  yes i guess 2 reasons [don't get any naughty thought people!!!! it was the fact that both the profs who thought that subjects were cute and they had good knowledge about the subject]

So back to yesterday We had to attend a lecture for Labour Welfare.Now I don't wanna sound rude but the prof just kept on rambling on and on and on.for a moment I was asking myself WTF is goin on.
Ne ways to add more oil to the fire the prof left us late.

So I had made up my mind that I wont be attending today's lec.Right from yday nite i started coming up with reasons to support my decision.
Some of the reasons were
- He leaves late
- what would happens if I miss one LEC
- It was just the start of the sem

Then to add to that one more reason. my mum said to me"if you aren't feeling well dont go for the lec and take rest [OK i wasn't acting but i was  actually down with severe cold]"

It was really funny coz there have been so many instances that I have tried and justified my decision sometimes a did stick to my it sometimes not.
But today I went for that lec yes the catch here was i went late so that i wouldn't have to suffer for a long time :-)


25 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

I like this post.

"Rationality" is defined in Wikipedia as our ability to recognize that doing thing B gives thing A.

So if we want thing A, we should do thing B.

In other words, reason or rationality is nothing but what You want.

Rakesh said...

@ Alok: glad u liked the post...

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Oh yeah! Talking about the mind connection! I mean the lazy mind connection that is.......can u imagine going to the gym @ 05:30am and then returning home the very instant only to head back into the sack? Well....I did just that a few days ago! ;) Thank God for the 'supportive' mind! ;)

Good post!

By the way, You have been awarded!

http://almostsunday.blogspot.com/2008/12/small-measure-of-peace.html

Many Congratulations!

Cheers

Rakesh

Sneha Shrivastava said...

You succeeded in finding a way out for the first time .How about the future lectures? :)

Rakesh said...

@ rakesh : rofl rofl i remember doin that too:-P heheh gym on the morning i would find various reasons hehehe


@ sneha: thanks for dropping in, guess wat ya the lec wa boring as usual :-(

Think Tank said...

u have no idea ..we had a lecture from a judge about migrants and human rights ..pura history geography ... every article in the book ... i'm urprised i'm alive

DMulan said...

aaaahh all those times that i've bunked classes.. oh the good old times :(
i remembered a line from the alchemist when i read the first few lines, when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true.

Nidz said...

U changed the Blog Backgrd colour??
Oh Rakesh tussi grt ho!!

Rakesh said...

@ farah: what the hell where u studyin wat is law???

@ divya: aaahh alchemist the god han.

@ Nidhi: yes re have changes the background

peter said...

Ah boring lectures and me ..companions sorta :D

Rakesh said...

@ peter : LOL y was that buddy

Kitty Kohli said...

hmmm..any which ways you wont find reasons to attend his classes yaar when you already have a reason to attend HRP lecture...and to some extent OB lectures ;)

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

Lucky you ,

our prof did not react very well to late comers . . They had this stupid policy - you come late , you get no attendance . . My only way out of boring lectures was sleep!!

Rakesh said...

@ kitty: :-P

@ Fantasies of a Lifetime: yes even we got the same thing now u come late and no attendance

Rakesh said...

@ divs: yes true i wasd damn bugged that day

Devika Jyothi said...

We create our realities with our reasons and reasoning :)

A nice post, Rakesh..took me back for a while :)

wishes,
devika

Rakesh said...

@ devika : very true we indeed create our realities by reasoning

Rugma said...

how long r u gonna hang on the same reason???
gud rayt up!!!
gud way of bringin bck the readers in2 wat u want them to know!!!

The Seeker said...

hey! i do the same, just atleast by ten mins.. Then i go to the clas,,either keep sth on the table n read or write sth or just reliving memories till i run out of them, or else cross sudoku...

BTW! let me get it straight! do u like the profs, just cos they are cute or they are good @ the subject..just a doubt!!!

Rakesh said...

@ my world: welcome again and thanks

Rakesh said...

@ seeker: well take a guess buddy..

Lena said...

i always wondered why they have to teach us all that boring stuff :O
Remembering the number of boring lectures i attended i just feel i wasted my time.

Rakesh said...

@ lena: LOl what did you study?we have a law person here a management student too..

Anonymous said...

Again, a very interesting post... you really do bring up excellent points.
Reasons...I believe most of us do things for all the wrong reasons(we want things for wrong reasons themselves :> which are not in resonance with nature), first I used to believe every reason is just made up...which is a part of human power...but then I did realise that there are strong and well defined reasons which apply not only to us but also to animals and trees and blah blah, thats what I call nature :)

I have been thinking of making 'reasons' an important part of my own non-existent future post...

Rakesh said...

@ ayushi: thanks again ya.
u are rite when u say we do things for wrong reasons
ne ways waiting for your next poct